How the messages are supported
In order to display an EDI file correctly, there must exist matching syntax directories with
the display rules. All syntax directories are in the file R2EdiViewerSD.zip
with the following directory structure:
Depending on the recognized EDI message, the corresponding display rule is searched
language dependent in these directories. The Windows language is used by default,
and is oversteerable by the Language-startup parameter.
4.1.1. Expand EDIFACT-directories
EDIFACT directories consist of 4 files per version, for example D08A and an additional
- EDSD.08A = field descriptions for each EDIFACT segment
- UNCL.08A = field explanations (code lists) for the message fields
- UNSL.08A = field explanations (code lists) for the service segment fields for version 3
- Sl40106.txt= field explanations (code lists) for the service segment fields for version 4 and follow
1. Under www.unece.org you can download EDSD and UNCL files.
For example, the "d08a.zip" file contains these files:
- edsd.zip with the file EDSD.08A
- uncl.zip with the file UNCL.08A
Add both files easily into the EDIFACT directory inside R2EdiViewerSD.zip.
2. Under www.gefeg.com/jswg/v3 you can download UNSL file.
For example, the "unsl08a.zip" file contains:
Rename this file in capital letters (UNSL.08A) and add it to the other EDIFACT directories
3. Under www.gefeg.com/jswg/v4 you can download Sl file.
For example, "sl40106.zip" file contains:
Add this file also into the EDIFACT directory inside R2EdiViewerSD.zip.
4. Under www.gefeg.com/data/relation you find the relationship information between
EDIFACT directory (D08A) and field explanations for the V4 service segment fields (Sl40106.txt).
Add this information in the file "SyntaxDirectories\EDIFACT\SI-Relation.csv".
4.1.2. Expand SAPIDOC-directories
For each IDOC message one field description file is necessary in the SAPIDOC directories.
In addition, a global field explanation file exists, valid for all IDOC messages.
220.127.116.11. SAPIDOC field description file
For each IDOC message you need one SAPIDOC field description file, namely as:
- EDSD.DELFOR02 for delivery schedule
- EDSD.SHPMNT05 for delivery note
- EDSD.INVOIC02 for invoice
Constant is always EDSD. After a point the IDOC message name follows.
With the SAP transaction WE60 you can generate the description file directly from SAP system:
- Select desired IDOC (for example DELFOR02) from the field "Basic type"
- Select the menu: Documentation/C-header
- Save the generated "data declarations" screen about the menu
"System/List/Save/Local file". Use EDSD.DELFOR02 for the file name
and save it inside R2EdiViewerSD.zip to the right IDOC directory.
Use SAP-codepage 1160 (Microsoft 1252: Superset of ISO 8859-1).
- Replace a slash character with an underline in the EDSD file name.
18.104.22.168. SAPIDOC field explanation file
All field explanations for all IDOC messages are stored in the UNSL.ALL file.
Changes must be manually adjusted or expanded.